The internet is a complex reality, new Apps are constantly being created, and the need to use technology well and safely is great.
Knowing “who” we are and “whose” we are gives us a sense of self and a sense of worth that is crucial in the formation of how we see ourselves.
1 Peter 1:18-19
There is a great battle in secular culture against truth and morality, standing firm requires thinking with the mind of Christ
Growing in the likeness of Jesus is a lifelong journey of obedience and transformation that produces in us the supernatural qualities we need to flourish.
Dads Alongsider Discipleship Adventure
Parent & Family Resources
David Smith says, “Building godly kids isn’t easy. It requires a constant effort and the process can be messy one at times. But just like an assembly line at a manufacturing plant, if done correctly, you can usually have a terrific product at the end.” Click here to read more.
With so many social networks to keep track of, it’s not surprising if your kid’s obsession with the TikTok app leaves you scratching your head. So what is it exactly? Read Common Sense Media’s full review of TikTok and help your kids use it safely with answers to parents’ most frequently asked questions.
You or your kids feeling a little anxious? Sit down with your family this week and watch our Conversation Kit to Anxiety completely free!
To access the AXIS resources, please log in to FACTS/RenWeb and look under the resources section for the links to the following.
Home Scavenger Hunt by Jonathon McKee
Tired of being stuck at home watching Netflix? Tired of your lack of social connection with your friends? Try this…text a group of your friends and challenge their families to “Jonathan’s 15-minute home scavenger hunt.” It’s simple. Tell them at 7:00PM sharp they will all receive a list. At 7:00PM send them Jonathan’s list (which probably has way more items than any one family can get) and give them these instructions:
- In a group text, send ONE picture of as many of these items as you can by 7:15PM—gather all the items on the floor and take one clear picture where all items can be seen in one shot.
- For each item in the picture you will get 100 points.
- For each minute after 7:15 you get minus 100 points.
- No pictures will be accepted at all after 7:20.
- Family with the most points wins!
We hope you will enjoy this with your family! You can find this Home Scavenger Hunt on Jonathon’s website at https://jonathanmckeewrites.com/.
Here’s the list:
- A set of black shoelaces
- An expired driver’s license
- An unopened pack of toilet paper
- A wedding picture
- A dead bug
- A dog collar
- A fried egg
- A crescent wrench
- A crescent roll (cooked)
- A picture of a crescent moon
- A feather pillow (which is perfect for a pillow fight)
- A VHS tape
- Any Star Wars film on disc or tape
- A cassette tape
- A cat
- A set of AirPods
- A flip phone
- A bow and arrow
- A book by James Patterson
- Any KitchenAid brand appliance
- A can of some diet drink
- A NFL jersey (not t-shirt)
- A red stapler
- A black leather Bible
- A business card
- A crock pot
- A deck of cards
- A yellow pages phone book
- Flushable wipes
- A blow dryer
- Vitamin C tablets
- A bobby pin
- A swim cap
- A bird (good luck with the cat)
- A flashlight
- 10 cans of soup stacked in a pyramid
- A McDonalds bag or wrapper of any sort
- A bottle of Pepto Bismol (a necessity if you have the above item)
- A silver dollar
- A barbie
- A roll of quarters
Meet Our Team
Director of Spiritual Formation/High School Bible & Varsity Tennis
Scott was born in Phoenix, AZ. He is married to an amazing woman, Shari GCS Director of Admissions, and they have six children. He earned his master’s degree at Western Seminary. He enjoys sports and values the life lessons that can be learned through them. Coach Wilson loves to cook, eat, watch movies, and spend time with family, friends, and students.